A community and advocacy group for gifted education in Barrington, IL
Sat, Apr 30|
Code Ninjas - Hoffman Estates
Microsoft STEM Workshop: Grades 5-8
Count down to Microsoft STEM workshop 2022 is on! Connect with STEM leaders, explore coding concepts, discover connections to Computer Science that impact all areas of life, and learn from Microsoft technology experts – plus, Microsoft SWAG!
Time & Location
Apr 30, 2022, 2:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Code Ninjas - Hoffman Estates, 1710 W Algonquin Rd, Hoffman Estates, IL 60192, USA
About the Event
Register below for the session for grades 5-8. If you are interested in the session for 9-12, please click here.
The countdown to Microsoft STEM Workshop 2022 is on! Connect with STEM leaders, explore coding concepts, discover connections to Computer Science that impact all areas of life, and learn from Microsoft technology experts – plus, you won’t want to miss our special keynote session to lean into STEM career journey stories and Microsoft SWAG!
BCGT is excited to be partnering with Microsoft to offer two STEM Workshop sessions for our students. In addition to Microsoft, Code Ninjas in Hoffman Estates and Excellerate Learning Studio - STEM Talent Development will also be there to help our students.
STEM Workshop will provide:
- In-person STEM learning experience
- Microsoft instructor and facilitator
- Certificate of Completion
- Code Ninjas Sanseis to help our middle schoolers
- Excellerate Learning Studio staff to help our high schoolers
- Microsoft Devices for Coding to use during the STEM workshop
- Microsoft SWAG
- Food & refreshments
- Lean into career journey stories and lessons learned along the way
- Understand the importance and benefits of computer science in all aspects of life.
- Analyze and solve problems using algorithmic thinking and problem decomposition.
- Practice computer science concepts such as sequences, events, loops and debugging.
- Create coding solutions to successfully complete a task or solve a problem.
- Recognize the expanded career connections offered through computer science.