Thu, Oct 27|
Monthly Wisdom - October 2022: One Second of Hope; How Building Resiliency Saves Lives. Progress, Not Perfect.
Monthly Wisdom is available to ALL students, parents and educators.
Time & Location
Oct 27, 2022, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM CDT
About the Event
“Emotional Agility is the ability to be with your emotions with curiosity, compassion, and the courage to take values-connected steps…. Raising emotionally agile children begins in helping them to show up to all their feelings, including the difficult ones.” – Susan David, Ph.D.
This October Wisdom event is specially created to inspire students, parents, and educators to have a collective focus and curiosity on: One Second of Hope; How Building Resiliency Saves Lives. Progress, Not Perfect.
We invite you to join a virtual + interactive + real-time coaching with Youth Suicide Prevention Specialist Leslie Weirich and Licensed Clinical Psychologist and Professor at DePaul University Joseph Chen to:
- Embrace “grace over guilt” and to better understand the high price of perfectionism
- Cultivate your inner strengths and develop qualities like compassion, confidence, grit
- Build up emotional ability, sources of strength and resilience to thrive
- Understand what perfectionistic mindset looks like and its consequences
- Inspire hope to travelers on difficult paths who need encouragement
- Explore what we can focus on progress, locus of control and challenge ourselves
Register today (even if you are not able to make the event as we record and share the on-demand replay link with our registrants) and join us!
The event is free for BCGT members, $5 for non-members (membership is open to all – you can join today).
A valid SCHOOL EMAIL is required for registration. Current students, up through high school, can attend for free.
This ticket for for active members of Barrington Council for the Gifted and Talented (BCGT).
Member Ticket + Donation
Pay what you want
If you are an active BCGT member, but would like to make a donation for your ticket.
Pay what you want0